Date:      Sat, 25 Jul 1998 03:28:11 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Tim Vanderhoek <ac199@hwcn.org>
To:        Peter Hawkins <peter@clari.net.au>
Cc:        Justus Calvin <gandalf79@hotmail.com>, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: free bsd improvemnt

On Sat, 25 Jul 1998, Peter Hawkins wrote:

[Re: recording hdd requirements for ports]
> I would be happy to do the implementation if people feel this is not
> clutter.

It's not the implementation.  You'd better propose a design,
first.

There is currently some binary package size stuff that Satoshi is
holding.  It's not perfect, but I think it's the best that's been
submitted, yet.  It doesn't even touch on how much resources are
required to _build_ a port.

There are discussions in the -ports archive.  There is a relevant
PR submitted (still open) entitled something like "recommendation
re. ports system" (or something like that :).

--
This .sig is not innovative, witty, or profund.