Date:      Wed, 30 May 2001 12:21:30 -0500
From:      Stephen Montgomery-Smith <stephen@math.missouri.edu>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Should IPFilter be pulled from FreeBSD as well

Andrew Tulloch wrote:

> If you take a look at the cvs commit logs e.g.
> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/sys/netinet/ip_fil.h
>
> you'll notice its Darren himself who does virtually all the commits on the
> ipf code in the FreeBSD tree, I'm going to assume he gave himself
> permisson :)
>
> Andrew

I know it is a gruesome question, but what would happen if Darren
was seriously disabled or killed in an accident or something?

Actually, generally, what happens to software in the contrib
directory if the vendor somehow becomes unable or unwilling to
service it any longer?

--
Stephen Montgomery-Smith
stephen@math.missouri.edu