Date:      Thu, 13 Jan 2000 22:21:32 +0100 (CET)
From:      Ronald Klop <ronald@node11a94.a2000.nl>
To:        Vivek Khera <khera@kciLink.com>
Cc:        Peter Schwenk <schwenk@math.udel.edu>, David Berard <dbera@cybercable.tm.fr>, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: parallel printer & nlpt0

On Thu, 13 Jan 2000, Vivek Khera wrote:

> A comment in GENERIC would also suffice, I think.

Hello,

Maybe it's good to make an update of the man pages also.
Man lpt gives the info about the old lpt device (before ppbus was
introduced). Man nlpt gives info about the current (3.x-STABLE) lpt
device. Everything discussed in this thread is explained in that page.

Also that you should use 'controller ppc0 at isa? port? tty' in stead of
'controller ppc0 at isa? port? tty irq 7' for polled ports. With the first
one you wil get messages about 'stray irq 7' is my experience.

The old lpt device is now called olpt.

Greetings,

Ronald.

PS: I had the trouble of interrupt-driven/polled ports with a HP LaserJet
III a few months ago.

--
Ronald Klop
http://node11a94.a2000.nl/~ronald/