Date:      Tue, 1 Oct 2002 17:55:54 -0700
From:      "Sam Leffler" <sam@errno.com>
To:        <current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   system lockup: nfs server not responding 10 > 9 (tx driver bug?)

I have repeated problems where a machine running -current locks up while
running make over an NFS mounted filesystem.  The NFS server is an up to
date -stable machine.  When the lockup occurs I get a message:

nfs server <mumble>: not responding 10 > 9

The filesystem is mounted r/w with no options. nfsiod's 0, 1, and 2 are in
DL, 3 is in IL state.  nfsiod 0 is sleeping on sbwait.

The -current machine is up to date.  100 Mb/s Ethernet.  tx driver.  When
the lockup occurs I can still login to the console but the network appears
dead (no packets appear to pass).

Looks like maybe a tx driver bug.  Anyone seen this with other NIC's?

    Sam