Date:      Thu, 16 Dec 1999 10:59:12 +0000
From:      Roger Hardiman <roger@cs.strath.ac.uk>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org, multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Multi Head XFree86 VGA card recomendations wanted

Hi,

I need to build some new Multi-Head FreeBSD machines
in my lab using XFree86 3.9.16.

I want to know which VGA cards to buy
for Multi-Head (dual monitor) support.

Currently I have 1 multi-head FreeBSD machine using
Matrox Millenium cards abd XFree86 3.9.16.
It works great, but you cannot buy Millenium cards any more.

Reading the XFree86 docs, it seems almost all PCI cards are
supported multihead on Linux where they can issue an INT 10
call to initialise the BIOS in the secondary card.
I'm not sure it we can support that in FreeBSD.

Cheers
Roger

--
Roger Hardiman        | Telepresence Research Group
roger@cs.strath.ac.uk | DMEM, University of Strathclyde