Date:      Mon, 25 Nov 2002 18:29:17 -0000
From:      "HinsonS26" <hinsons26@btinternet.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Install problem FreeBSD4.7 from CD

Hi,
I get the following error: Message
"The Disk in your drive looks more like an audio disk than a FreeBSD
release"

This message appears after I select the option to choose the installation
media.

The CD has been made from the file "4.7-disc1.iso"
downloaded from
ftp://ftp2.uk.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/i386/ISO-IMAGES/4.7/
I have already successfully booted the machine from this CD
I have made another copy of the CD using a different software program to
write the disk
I have changed the CD ROM reader on the PC I am trying to install
I have updated the PC BIOS to the latest version
I have checked the MD5 of the 4.7-disc1.iso file

The machine used is a Compaq 4000/133

any suggestions welcome please
Many Thanks
Mike