Date:      Mon, 10 Dec 2001 10:33:18 +0000
From:      Josh Paetzel <friar_josh@webwarrior.net>
To:        Fredrik Petterson <feve@kent.nu>
Cc:        friar_josh@webwarrior.net, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ATI Radeon

On Mon, Dec 10, 2001 at 12:24:12AM -0800, Fredrik Petterson wrote:
> When i run the XF86Setup in FreeBSD i can' t find the card.
> When installing R.H. it's probed as the right card.
> Don't know what utility R.H uses to config X at the install phase , if it's the installer of R.H or if it uses a X utility or maybe it's a different releases of XFree86 afterall...
> I will try to manually "hack" the config file.
> /Fredrik

Well, the config program for X 4.x is called xf86cfg.  It's a nice
pointy clicky configurator.  If that doesn't work, I'd be more than
happy to do up a config file for you.

The only other thing that I can think of as a catch, the freebsd
installer will only install and configure X 3.3.6  If you want 4.x you
need to tell the installer not to install x, and then add it as a
package after the install is complete.

Josh