Date:      Mon, 4 Jan 1999 20:34:56 -0600
From:      Frank Pawlak <fpawlak@execpc.com>
To:        George Vagner <kf7nn1@cybertrails.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: sendmail again...

On Mon, Jan 04, 1999 at 05:20:14PM -0700, George Vagner wrote:
> whatever came with 2.2.7  i think its 8.8.8
>
> there is a sendmail.cf file in /etc and i have only
> changed the line who i masquerade as and some
> timeouts all other settings are un-edited.

Typically what I do is download the latest version from www.sendmail.org.
The current version is 8.9.2.  Go into /sendmail-8.9.2/src and execute sh
Build.  This will build the sendmail binary in the obj-freebsd dir. Rename
the old binary in /usr/sbin and move the new one over to that dir.
Reading the Readme's is a good idea.

Work up a new .mc file in /cf/cf in the sendmail dir and use m4 to build
the sendmail.cf file.  In stall the new sendmail.cf in /etc.  Touch
sendmail.cw and you should be on your way.

If you need more details, I can try to help out.  Can send you my .mc
file from which you can construct you'rs.  BTW, I have assumed that you
are working with a stand alone workstation.  IF you are setting up a
server, my method may not work.  Good luck.
Frank