Date:      Tue, 2 Sep 2008 08:30:25 -0700
From:      "Johnson, James" <james.johnson@emerald.fiserv.com>
To:        "Norberto Meijome" <freebsd@meijome.net>, <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Cc:        "Spalding, Ken" <ken.spalding@emerald.fiserv.com>
Subject:   RE: Backup Exec v12

Thanks, I'll try that today.

I'll let you know...

James Johnson
System Administrator
Desk 858-207-5591
Main 858-592-6262
Fiserv - Emerald Publications

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
[mailto:owner-freebsd-questions@freebsd.org] On Behalf Of Norberto
Meijome
Sent: Thursday, August 21, 2008 5:04 AM
To: freebsd-questions@freebsd.org

On Wed, 20 Aug 2008 21:41:35 -0700
"Johnson, James" <james.johnson@emerald.fiserv.com> wrote:

> Does anyone have any experience installing the backup exec agent
(BEWS_12.1364_LINUX-UNIX-MAC_AGENTS.tar.gz) on Freebsd 7.

i don't recall if it's v12 that i've used,but it runs relatively well -
just make sure you have linux compatibility layer enabled.

> I've been trying for the past few days with no progress. I called for
support, but guess what Symantec does not support Freebsd.

i hope you really didn't expect something useful out of that call ... :)

> # ./installralus
> Not Supported Yet.
> ./installralus: ./perl//bin/perl: not found
>=20
[...]
>=20
>=20
> vmFreebsd# find / -name perl
> /usr/bin/perl
> /usr/local/bin/perl
[...]

>=20
> ./perl/$OS/bin/perl -I. -I$PATH -I$VXIF_HOME
-I./perl/$OS/lib/$PERL_VER installr
> alus.pl $*

have u tried changing that call to perl to the /usr/local/bin/perl ?=20

at least in some versions I tried, all you have to do is run the exec ,
forget the installer, it worked ok for me.. YMMV

{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

If you were supposed to understand it, we wouldn't call it 'code'.

I speak for myself, not my employer. Contents may be hot. Slippery when
wet. Reading disclaimers makes you go blind. Writing them is worse. You
have been Warned.