Date:      Mon, 18 Feb 2002 08:32:44 -0500
From:      Don Tyson <tyson@stanfordalumni.org>
To:        dmmcf@uiuc.edu (D. Michael McFarland)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Advice sought re MS Office compatibility

> Hello All,
>
> I find it's becoming increasingly important for me to collaborate, at
> a .doc- and .ppt-file level, with colleagues who use MS Word and
> PowerPoint on Macs and PCs.
[snipped]
> to add that I write everything I can in TeX.
[snipped]

> Best regards,
> Michael

Others on this list have suggested formatting in PDF using
dvipdfm or ps2pdf or some other utility.  Presumably that
would work for presenting the document, but probably not if you need
to pass it back and forth editing or changing, unless you
send a plain text file with it.

Don Tyson