Date:      Wed, 6 Feb 2002 14:20:03 -0800
From:      Johnson David <djohnson@acuson.com>
To:        Heiko Scheib <heiko.scheib@debitel.net>, freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Official 4 CDROM-Set - ISO-IMAGES lacking lot of software ???

On Wednesday 06 February 2002 01:50 pm, Heiko Scheib wrote:

> Now I`m suffering a serious disappointment, because the included PACKAGES
> are only a very small part of what is shown in the packages-tree of the
> ftp-server.

There's no way the 4 CD set can contain all of the packages. There's simply
not enough room.

If you have the ISO images from -4.5, then most of the KDE stuff will be
missing, due to an unfortunate series of miscommunications. kdelibs and
kdebase will still be there, but the other stuff needs to be downloaded
separately. This *may* get corrected on some distributors' sets, but it's
still too early to know. You shouldn't have any problems with KDE on earlier
releases. I don't know anything about XT and XP.

David