Date:      Wed, 4 Apr 2001 12:14:53 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Peter Brezny <peter@black.purplecat.net>
To:        freebsd-small@freebsd.org
Subject:   router won't build

Any ideas here?  I ran the /usr/src/release/picobsd/build/picobsd script,
chose the router version, modified the kernel (adding network cards) and
built the script.

Sorry if i've missed something obvious, i'm new to picobsd.

I'm not sure why it's ignoring the etc/ppp directory at the start of the
output below, but the real problem crops up at the end i think.

TIA

pb

	1.  Type: router name router
	2.  MFS size: 1200 kB
	3.  Site-info:
	4.  Full-path: /usr/src/release/picobsd/router
-> We'll use the sources living in /usr/src
-> vnode is 0

-> I hope you have checked the PICOBSD config file...

(cd /usr/src/sys/compile/PICOBSD-router; make KERNEL=kernel -DNO_MODULES)
gzip: etc/ppp is a directory -- ignored
 [reading /usr/src/release/picobsd/build/build_dir-router/crunch1.conf]  [reading crunch1.cache]                                                [filling in parms for hostname]  [filling in parms for cat]      [filling in parms for kget]  [filling in parms for oinit]  [filling in parms for ifconfig]  [filling in parms for df]       [filling in parms for sps]  [filling in parms for ns]  [filling in parms for vm]  [filling in parms for msg]  [filling in parms for cp]  [filling in parms for rm]  [filling in parms for ls]  [filling in parms for reboot]  [filling in parms for sysctl]  [filling in parms for route]  [filling in parms for mount]  [filling in parms for umount]  [filling in parms for kill]   [filling in parms for natd]  [filling in parms for pppd]  [filling in parms for less]  [filling in parms for ping]  [filling in parms for traceroute]  [filling in parms for routed]     [filling in parms for ipfw]   [filling in parms for minigzip]  [generating crunch1.cache]      [gen!
er
ating crunch1.c]     [generating /usr/src/release/picobsd/build/build_dir-router/crunch.mk]  []                                                                    Run "make -f /usr/src/release/picobsd/build/build_dir-router/crunch.mk" to build crunched binary.
`hostname.o' is up to date.
`cat.o' is up to date.
`kget.o' is up to date.
`oinit.o' is up to date.
`ifconfig.o' is up to date.
`ifmedia.o' is up to date.
`df.o' is up to date.
`vfslist.o' is up to date.
`sps.o' is up to date.
`ns.o' is up to date.
`vm.o' is up to date.
`msg.o' is up to date.
`cp.o' is up to date.
`utils.o' is up to date.
`rm.o' is up to date.
`cmp.o' is up to date.
`ls.o' is up to date.
`print.o' is up to date.
`util.o' is up to date.
`reboot.o' is up to date.
`sysctl.o' is up to date.
`route.o' is up to date.
`mount.o' is up to date.
`mount_ufs.o' is up to date.
`getmntopts.o' is up to date.
`vfslist.o' is up to date.
`umount.o' is up to date.
`vfslist.o' is up to date.
`mounttab.o' is up to date.
`kill.o' is up to date.
`natd.o' is up to date.
`icmp.o' is up to date.
`main.o' is up to date.
`magic.o' is up to date.
`fsm.o' is up to date.
`lcp.o' is up to date.
`ipcp.o' is up to date.
`ipxcp.o' is up to date.
`upap.o' is up to date.
`chap.o' is up to date.
`ccp.o' is up to date.
`demand.o' is up to date.
`auth.o' is up to date.
`options.o' is up to date.
`sys-bsd.o' is up to date.
`cbcp.o' is up to date.
`chap_ms.o' is up to date.
`main.o' is up to date.
`screen.o' is up to date.
`brac.o' is up to date.
`ch.o' is up to date.
`charset.o' is up to date.
`cmdbuf.o' is up to date.
`command.o' is up to date.
`decode.o' is up to date.
`edit.o' is up to date.
`filename.o' is up to date.
`forwback.o' is up to date.
`help.o' is up to date.
`ifile.o' is up to date.
`input.o' is up to date.
`jump.o' is up to date.
`line.o' is up to date.
`linenum.o' is up to date.
`lsystem.o' is up to date.
`mark.o' is up to date.
`optfunc.o' is up to date.
`option.o' is up to date.
`opttbl.o' is up to date.
`os.o' is up to date.
`output.o' is up to date.
`position.o' is up to date.
`prompt.o' is up to date.
`search.o' is up to date.
`signal.o' is up to date.
`tags.o' is up to date.
`ttyin.o' is up to date.
`version.o' is up to date.
`ping.o' is up to date.
`version.o' is up to date.
`traceroute.o' is up to date.
===> rtquery
===> rtquery
`if.o' is up to date.
`input.o' is up to date.
`main.o' is up to date.
`output.o' is up to date.
`parms.o' is up to date.
`radix.o' is up to date.
`rdisc.o' is up to date.
`table.o' is up to date.
`trace.o' is up to date.
/usr/src/sbin/ipfw/ipfw.c: In function `show_ipfw':
/usr/src/sbin/ipfw/ipfw.c:279: `IP_FW_F_SME' undeclared (first use in this function)
/usr/src/sbin/ipfw/ipfw.c:279: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
/usr/src/sbin/ipfw/ipfw.c:279: for each function it appears in.)
/usr/src/sbin/ipfw/ipfw.c:325: `IP_FW_F_DME' undeclared (first use in this function)
/usr/src/sbin/ipfw/ipfw.c: In function `add':
/usr/src/sbin/ipfw/ipfw.c:1728: `IP_FW_F_SME' undeclared (first use in this function)
/usr/src/sbin/ipfw/ipfw.c:1760: `IP_FW_F_DME' undeclared (first use in this function)
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src/sbin/ipfw.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src/release/picobsd/build/build_dir-router/crunch.
---> fail: Error <1> error code <crunch>
Error while building router.
---> Aborting ./picobsd
bsd1# exit
exit