Date:      Wed, 23 Apr 1997 01:40:43 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Joachim Kuebart <joa@kuebart.stuttgart.netsurf.de>
To:        James Butterfield <jbutter@siue.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Configure my FreeBSD 2.1.6 to be a web server

Get /usr/ports/www/apache. Set up /usr/lcoal/www/server/conf/*. That's it :-)

Supports directories in the user's homes that have a certain name (e.g. .WWW)
to be "published", so users casn create their dog's home page and access it via
www.your.domain/~fiffi

c u Jo

On 22-Apr-97 James Butterfield wrote:
>Hello, my name is James Butterfield working at Southern Illinois
>University at Edwardsville in the
>Electrical Engineering Dept.  I am currently working with a group of
>FreeBSD 2.1.6 machines and am
>supposed to install a web server for the other users.   I am not that
>familiar with FreeBSD and am
>not sure where to begin with this or what I need to know.  Can you
>help?
>
>Any help is highly appreciated.  I will be documenting all that I do, so
>my output will be submitted back
>to your website for future administrators to work with.
>
>Any responses can be mailed to :  jbutter@shiva.ee.siue.edu
>
>Thanks!

FreeBSD                                        <http://www.freebsd.org>;
Top breeders recommend it

Joachim Kuebart                                      <joa@delos.lf.net>
<joa@stuttgart.netsurf.de>          <joki@kuebart.stuttgart.netsurf.de>
Germany                                             Tel: +49 711 653706