Date:      Sun, 06 Feb 2005 11:39:15 -0800
From:      darren david <darren@3x3x3.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   easy VPN config HOWTO?

Hi all-

I have been searching high and low for a straightforward VPN
configuration HOWTO with no luck. everything i've found is way over my
head and very convoluted (to me, at least). Perhaps such is the nature
of VPN.

My goal is simply to allow users running Windows to VPN in to my home
server and gain access to the private LAN. Sure, i can get in via ssh,
but i have several less technical users who need to access to shared
resources and for them, ssh is not a realistic solution. I've heard that
OpenVPN is a bit simpler to set up, but it too is a complicated matter.
All of the examples i've seen/googled involve unix<->unix machines.

I'm tracking 5.3-STABLE with pf controlling traffic.

Can anyone point me in a good direction?

Thanks in advance,
darren david