Date:      Tue, 10 Nov 1998 10:43:47 -0500
From:      "Gary Palmer" <gpalmer@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Alfred Perlstein <bright@hotjobs.com>
Cc:        Phil Regnauld <regnauld@EU.org>, alk@pobox.com, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: The infamous dying daemons bug

Alfred Perlstein wrote in message ID
<Pine.BSF.4.05.9811100914130.343-100000@porkfriedrice.ny.genx.net>:

> Now that i think about it i have had the:
>
> /kernel: swap_pager: suggest more swap space: 254 MB
>
> unsure about the number, but in my case i didn't notice anything flaky
> about my system afterwards.

John Dyson added this warning a few months ago, and the times that
I've seen it are when the machine *just* starts hitting swap space,
and is no-where near running out. No offense to John, but I don't
think that whatever algorythm he uses in generating that message is
anywhere near to being right, and I wonder what peoples opinions about
either hiding it behind bootverbose or removing it are?

Gary