Date:      Sun, 6 Feb 2005 20:41:21 +0100
From:      Roland Smith <rsmith@xs4all.nl>
To:        Tom Parquette <BCSFD204@twcny.rr.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: "Bus errors"

--+HP7ph2BbKc20aGI

On Sun, Feb 06, 2005 at 01:07:54PM -0500, Tom Parquette wrote:
> I'm starting to wonder if I have a hardware problem with this machine=20
> since it only seemed to start when I put a heavier load on it (e.g.=20
> setiathome)  and the strange symptoms seem to be showing up in multiple=
=20
> places.

It could very well be a hardware problem. One of the prime suspects to
test is memory. Try memtest86 to probe for b0rken memory. OTOH, if
you've been overclocking the machine, that could also lead to
problems. Change things like bus speed and memory timings to the default
values if you've changed them.

Roland
--=20
R.F. Smith                           /"\    ASCII Ribbon Campaign
r s m i t h @ x s 4 a l l . n l      \ /    No HTML/RTF in e-mail
http://www.xs4all.nl/~rsmith/         X     No Word docs in e-mail
public key: http://www.keyserver.net / \    Respect for open standards

--+HP7ph2BbKc20aGI