Date:      Fri, 26 Sep 1997 07:31:16 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        mike@smith.net.au (Mike Smith)
Cc:        tlambert@primenet.com, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ATAPI Zip challenge : aftermath

> > Luckily, miniport drivers can be written to be portable between NT and
> > 95, so NT has the bug too.  8-p.
>
> Hmm.  This is a reason not to adopt the miniport interface for FreeBSD?

Naw.  The TSD for removable media would have to be written; I really
don't like the idea of replacing that particular level of BSD anyway;
the place to use miniport support is for vendor supplied disk drivers.

NDIS drivers would be good, too, but they shouldn't be relied upon,
mostly because they can't really support IP aliases at this point.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.