Date:      Wed, 15 May 2019 15:06:19 +0000
From:      Rick Macklem <rmacklem@uoguelph.ca>
To:        Ganbold Tsagaankhuu <ganbold@gmail.com>, "freebsd-fs@freebsd.org" <freebsd-fs@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: NFS file access log

Ganbold Tsagaankhuu wrote:
>Is there anyway to log file access in NFS client/server side?
>I'm experiencing following problem:
>
>vm_fault: pager read error, pid 75363 (php-fpm)
>ncl_getpages: error 70
>
>and would like to know if there is possibility to find problematic files.
I haven't used DTrace, so I can't help with that.

However, "70" is ESTALE and that means that the file has been deleted on th=
server, so the client can't read it.
Look for a case where an application running on another client (or locally =
on the
server) would delete a file that would be accessed by php-fpm on this clien=
t.
(If you know about when it happens, you could do a raw packet capture at th=
 server using "tcpdump -s 0 -w find.pcap" and then look at the packet captu=
re
 in wireshark, looking for where file(s) get removed. It won't be easy for =
a busy
 server.)

rick