Date:      Mon, 11 May 1998 17:14:40 -0500 (CDT)
From:      kf7nn@kf7nn.com
To:        BEAUPRE Antoine <beaupran@JSP.UMontreal.CA>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Using minicom with a pppdaemon

what do you mean waiting as a daemon?

i know that not only does ppp do outgoing calls but it monitors for incoming
calls as well and if the modem gets in an unknown state it will reinitialize
it back to a known good state.

i had a similiar problem where getty was on my com1 (cuaa0)port and when
i tried to run minicom it was acting real strange, also hylafax tries to
steal the port by instaling getty and ppp and hylafax fight each other.

why do you want to run ppp and minicom at the same time anyway?
I dont get it....

E-Mail: kf7nn@kf7nn.com