Date:      Fri, 25 Jul 1997 15:22:18 +0930 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        terry@lambert.org (Terry Lambert)
Cc:        msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au, terry@lambert.org, imp@rover.village.org, pechter@lakewood.com, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Boot file system idea! Slick

Terry Lambert stands accused of saying:
> > > Well, it would help with the MIPS, PPC, and Alpha ports, for sure.
> > > The PReP spec requires a DOS partition table, though it allows 32
> > > bit sector offsets.
> >
> > DOS partition table != FAT bootstrap filesystem.
>
> Motorolla PowerStak PPC 603/604, pre OpenFirmware == FAT.

On a good day, Terry, I can just discard your mail when you start to
become annoying and irrelevant.

Perhaps today isn't the best.

This is the second message from you, in succession, in which you have
discarded enough original context to sound resonable, whilst actually
not being helpful at all.

_Please_ refrain from trying to look smart to the detriment of the
purpose of the discussion.

In the first instance, very few device drivers require user account
details.

In the above instance, the trivial response is that the FAT filesystem
requirement simply requires a slightly larger bootstrap, with a FAT tacked
on the front.