Date:      Sat, 23 May 1998 19:08:19 -0400
From:      Dave Chapeskie <dchapes@ddm.on.ca>
To:        codeine@dqc.org
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: getting files with passive ftp

On Sat, May 23, 1998 at 10:51:27AM -0700, Mr Codeine 48 48 48 48 wrote:
> I am only able to use passive ftp and i hate downloading ports by
> myself - is there anyway to setup ports to use passive ftp to fetch?

The fetch(1) programs looks for an environment variable FTP_PASSIVE_MODE.
(ie if you use csh or tcsh add "setenv FTP_PASSIVE_MODE" to /etc/csh.login)

As an alternative you could put something like:
	FETCH_BEFORE_ARGS+= -P
in /etc/make.conf but the first option is better.

--
Dave Chapeskie <dchapes@ddm.on.ca>, DDM Consulting