Date:      Tue, 14 Mar 2000 12:27:34 +0200
From:      Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>
To:        Sverrir Valgeirsson <sverre@esek.lth.se>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Boot easy problem

On Sun, 12 Mar 2000 16:55:33 +0100, Sverrir Valgeirsson wrote:

> F1 DOS
> F5 Drive 1
>
> F1 starts windows, but F5 doesn't do anything.
> How can I have it recognize my two freebsd disks?

Here's some untested advice you may want to try.

First, make a backup of /etc/fstab.

From sysinstall's "Custom" menu, choose "2 Partition".  You'll be
presented with a menu of drives.  Select each one in turn.  Each time
you select a drive, you'll be taken to the FDISK Partition Editor.  You
should be able to quit out of it each time by pressing "Q".  Each time
you quit, you'll be presented with a boot manager selection window.  You
should be able to select "BootMgr" the first time, whereafter sysinstall
will "remember" that this is what you want.

Once you've selected all the drives in the list, select "OK".  You'll be
taken back top the "Custom" menu.  Now choose "6 Commit".  So long as
you didn't do anything silly in the FDISK Partition Editor windows,
sysinstall shouldn't fiddle with your existing filesystems, but it
_should_ install the boot manager correctly.

Again, this is _untested_ advice. :-)

Ciao,
Sheldon.