Date:      Wed, 19 Jun 1996 10:33:15 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        aarond@btc.adaptec.com (Aaron Dailey)
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PS/Valuepoint and keyboard hang on install

> My experience is that every key does nothing past a certain point.
> I tried bouncing the num lock key during boot up - right after the
> uncompressing kernel message the num lock light stops toggling, and
> other keys don't work.

[ VALUABLE CLUE ]

Disable the internal and external caches on your machine; this is
probably only necessary for the actual install.

If you have only 4M of memory, borrw another 1M for the install, or
grab one of the more recent "SNAP" releases from the FTP site; there
should be a 4M boot disk in one of the SNAP directories.

There is the possibility of a cache interaction with the ramdisk
image decompression, and there is also the possibility that you
just ran out of RAM and it hung.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---