Date:      Wed, 04 Oct 2000 13:12:50 -0400
From:      Nader Turki <nturki@adelphia.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   2 HD's

Hi there,
I know that this is not the right list for such a question. But i'm a
newbie and sure thee are many sys admins on this list who can answer my
question :)

I have 2 HD's
1. 9GB SCSI Ultra2 7200RPM
2. 36GB SCSI Ultra2 10,000RPM

You see they both used to be 7200RPM, then i had bad sectors and IBM
replaced the HD to a faster/better one.

So, is it better to use just the 36GB 10,000RPM
Or, I can use both and there will be no difference between the 7200 and
10000RPM?

I mean I usually have /, /var, /tmp, /usr on the 9GB and /home on the
36GB
But now I have a faster 36GB so i dunno if it's gonna be the same or
it's stupid to use the old one (7200RPM) with the new one.

I'll appreciate it if someone could help me.

Thanks,

    -Nader