Date:      Tue, 27 Jan 1998 12:09:32 -0800
From:      Kedar <kedar@asacomputers.com>
To:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Serial I/O.

        Hello,

        I am trying to locate a motherboard that is capable of the
        following.  Would you know of any?  Any pointers?

        Know of any workarounds, please?

> 1) No video card  required.
>
> 2) The BIOS wakes up on the serial port and uses it for all
> communications.
>
> 3) The BIOS serial communications should require no fancy communications
> protocols, ie. we should be able to use a dumb terminal.
>
> 4) All (or at least the basic) BIOS setup functions should be available.
>
> 5) Sending a BREAK (or perhaps a special character/escape sequence) should
> provide the same function as Ctrl-Alt-Del normally does (before, during,
> and after boot, if possible).
>
> 6) Access to the Unix boot loader through the serial port should also be
> available after the BIOS loads it.  This is needed to provide options to
> the kernel (eg. single user mode, device configuration mode, etc.)

TIA,
Kedar.

Season's Greetings,
Kedar Rajadnya
                               _\\|//_
                               (-0-0-)
        This message is being sent via recycled electrons.
    We sell specialized systems and networking stuff.  Want some?
     Tel:(408)232-5999 ext201  E-mail:<kedar@asacomputers.com>
	  Thus quothe a gentleman on CBS's "60 MINUTES":
	"How can I ask the Universe "why me?!" for the bad
	     patches when I did not for the good ones?"
||   ||
                              ooO   Ooo