Date:      Mon, 25 Nov 2002 11:46:59 -0800
From:      "David Smithson" <david@customfilmeffects.com>
To:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Network connection dropping during file transfers

Just to let you all know:  the correction of the input error described below
didn't completely solve the problem.  I later found that the Asante
FriendlyNet GX4-800 was dropping the port after a certain amount of
collisions -- I presume.  I installed a more expensive Asante switch that so
far seems to be capable of handling the load.

Carry on.