Date:      Sun, 22 Mar 1998 23:30:52 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        ejs@bfd.com (Eric J. Schwertfeger)
Cc:        fhackers@jraynard.demon.co.uk, toniel@flash.net, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: freebsd-hackers-digest V4 #75

> And while I have seen a lot of spam from earthlink as well, effective
> procmail filters get rid of almost all of it (95% in my experience, and
> I've made some improvements that seem to have taken that up to 98-99%).

The best thing about destination filtering like this is that you get
to pay to download the SPAM before you throw it away, so it can count
against your 200 hours (~8 days) before message units kick in on ISDN
links from non-flat-rate providers like Pac Bell and US West (among
others).

Oh wait, that's not why destination filtering is a *good* idea, that's
why it's a *stupid* idea...

Anyone with an ISDN link that they've had to pay message units on
this month?  If so, you should bill the SPAM'mers for the difference.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.