Date:      Sat, 16 Nov 1996 09:37:32 -0600
From:      Chris Csanady <ccsanady@friley216.res.iastate.edu>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org, freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   PAS16 broken? (Was: Re: Logitech Soundman 16 support?)

>I happen to have one of these now, however can not get FreeBSD to decect it.
>Does anyone have this working?  From the sound.doc there are a couple
>references to it, so I assume it is supposed to work.  I have the card in
>sound blaster compatibility mode, ive tried various irq's/etc..

Ok..  I didnt realize that it is actually a PAS16, I thought I just needed the
soundblaster driver, and it would be compatible.  I included the pas driver,
and it sortof works.  It is at least detected. :)

The problem now, it things dont play back correctly.  When I cat an au file
to /dev/audio, its almost as if chunks of the file are missing and then played
after a pause at the end.  Chunks played out of order essentialy. :\  This is
on a kernel built from todays sources.

Anyone know what might cause this?  Its sortof annoying..

Chris Csanady