Date:      Fri, 08 Jan 2010 17:12:44 -0800
From:      Maxim Sobolev <sobomax@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Jeff Roberson <jroberson@jroberson.net>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Help test softupdates journaling (SUJ)

Jeff Roberson wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have been augmenting softupdates with a small journal that will be
> processed in lieu of fsck in the event of a crash.  I have written some
> about this project here: http://jeffr_tech.livejournal.com/

That's the best news I've heard in months! Thank you, Jeff, big time, I
could not wait for it to be available in 8.x and 7.x! Sorry for making
meaningless noise on technical list, just could not stand it. I think
that you will not have any problem with free beer supply on any
technical BSD conference in at least 2-3 years. At least I am certainly
ready to put my wallet where my month is when we meet in real. :)

-Maxim