Date:      Mon, 9 Apr 2001 13:46:58 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Larry Librettez <lipshitz909@yahoo.com>
To:        michael@tenzo.com, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: How to specify external network for firewall/NAT when IP is dynamically assigned

Take a look at the man ipfw page, specifically the use
of 'me' as a destination.  'me' can be used for
dynamically assigned IP addresses as in your case.  I
use it for my ppp dialup connections.  You may have to
change your rc.firewall script a bit though to
accomodate the 'me' destination.

One other alternative is to use awk to extract your IP
address from the output of ifconfig, and incorporate
that into rc.firewall.

I'm sure there are other ways of doing it though.