Date:      Tue, 13 Feb 2001 21:26:59 +0200 (EET)
From:      Pekka Savola <pekkas@netcore.fi>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
Cc:        <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: 3.5-S->4.2-S: still fail w/ setresuid on miniperl

On Sun, 11 Feb 2001, Warner Losh wrote:
> In message <Pine.LNX.4.31.0102111730530.15273-100000@netcore.fi> Pekka Savola writes:
> : As a lot of others including some @FreeBSD.org people, I got:
>
> I'd suggest building -DNOPERL when upgrading.  If that works (I have
> no 3.x boxes fast enough to test this on), then let me know so I can
> update UPDATING.
>
> : make buildworld -DNOPERL works around this, of course.
>
> Oh, that's different, I'll update UPDATING.

Actually, that's not the only problem with 3.5 -> RELENG_4 update.
Further into the buildworld, there's an error in 'vim': groff doesn't
support -U AFAIR.

Sigh.

Better to tell people to update to 4.1-RELEASE first.  That at least
works, just finished that one.

--
Pekka Savola                  "Tell me of difficulties surmounted,
Netcore Oy                    not those you stumble over and fall"