Date:      Tue, 22 Dec 1998 10:43:40 -0500
From:      Gilbert Kaplan <gkaplan@castle.net>
To:        Free BSD Questions list <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   install problem

<HTML>
I am attempting to install FreeBSD 2.2.2&nbsp; - while I wait for delivery
of a 2.2.8 cd .
<BR>Give a two disk system with eide master containing w95 installed and
eide slave w lba.
<BR>( the lba geometry is reported by win95cd:\tools\pfdisk as 973/64/63).
It is on the slave ide where I want&nbsp; to install FreeBSD.&nbsp; What
are the responses that should be made to partition editor and label editor
: As I currently understand the partition process a fdisk primary partition
can be identified as a native FreeBSD,&nbsp; which the partition editor
will subdivide into slices. This could be done by entering 'c' and then
'auto' to the partition editor. 1). should this partition be made bootable
in the boot record for wd1 - of is t irrelevant? 2) what input should follow
to allow 'boot easy'' to make the selection of which operating system to
load. and 3) what procedure should be followed to make yet another op.
sys. bootable through the use of 'boot easy'
<BR>&nbsp;
<BR>Thank you for your comments.</HTML>