Date:      Sun, 20 Aug 1995 23:31:44 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Duane R. Ellison" <duane@gargamel.ptw.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   routing question

[2.0.5-RELEASE using ppp]

I seem to have a little "understanding" problem and I hope someone can
enlighten me out there.

First off I am using a fictious network 10.0 which works great on my
end.  And when I connect to my ISP I am able to run everything locally on
my BSD box (10.3).  But when I have a ppp link attached to my machine
(10.50) I am unable to get to anything past my main machine.  If I had
other machines in the 10.0 network connect I could check that but I don't
right now so I am not sure if I am missing something big or just a small
thing.

Anyway I would like to be able to have 10.50 be able to talk to
204.178.60.5 which is my ISP.  I have my own name sever running and that
seems to be working good.  I added the enable proxy accept proxy to the
default of the /etc/ppp/ppp.conf file.  I also disable proxy and deny
proxy on the configuration for my ISP.

I even faked out my ISP into giving me 10.3 for my IP address (surprised
he hasn't disabled that) but that still didn't make the 10.50 route out.
Any ideas would be appreciate!!!

	---  Duane