Date:      Mon,  8 Jan 2001 18:44:09 -0800
From:      "Jason Godsey" <jason@ispwa.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Question about INETD & AUTH within jail under FreeBSD 4.2

Question about INETD & AUTH within jail under FreeBSD 4.2

Enviroment:
citadel = host machine
site = jail enviroment running under citadel

First test:
no inetd running on citadel
run inetd w/ internal auth on site, connect to an irc server and get "no auth" message.
I setup auth to reply w/ a default response and that works, so I know the irc server is able to talk to inetd/auth inside the jail.

Second test:
inetd running on citadel 0.0.0.0 (listing to all interfaces)
no inetd running on site (jailed enviroment).
I connect to the irc server and it works!
The problem is that the user<->uid mapping is for citadel, and not
for the jailed host site.

Is it possible to fix this?  I'm not sure how to collect any more debugging information, I tried running inetd w/ -d, it did not log which ports the irc server was asking about.  I thought maybe I could match that up w/ netstat -n and see if the ports were getting mumbled maybe.

Thank you for your help!

Jason