Date:      Tue, 25 Nov 1997 07:22:41 -0700
From:      John-David Childs <jdc@nterprise.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: sendmail questions

On Tuesday November 25, 1997, Andreas Auer <Andreas.Auer@efferd.nettz.com>
 had this to say about "sendmail questions":

> Hi all,
> i have a problem with sendmail. I use FreeBSD 2.2.1 with sendmail
> 8.8.5.

Both questions you ask can be answered at http://www.sendmail.org and/or
in the sendmail docs themselves.

> Now first, how I can redirect all emails to unknown or other users in
> a domain to an existing user of the same domain.

If you use the virtusertable, then you would have something like this

joe@virtualdomain.com		joe
jane@virtualdomain.com		sally
@virtualdomain.com		karl

(The last line sends all mail not destined for joe/sally to karl.)

> Second, how can i esclude people from using my server as smtp server.

See the sample antispam measures at http://spam.abuse.net (specifically
rules for "check_relay").

--
John-David Childs (JC612)       Enterprise Internet Solutions
System Administrator            @denver.net/Internet-Coach/@ronan.net