Date:      Mon, 11 Jan 1999 23:11:43 +0100
From:      Ollivier Robert <roberto@keltia.freenix.fr>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: boot single with new loader?

According to Thomas T. Veldhouse:
> the root slice as sync.  I figured it was safer, and it wasn't that
> important to me to have that particular slice on softupdates anyway.

Beware of something that can be deadly for a "make installworld". When
using SU, space freed by "rm" takes a bit more time to be taken into account
and you can fill "/" or "/usr" up because the space recovered by "install"
is not yet freed.

It happened to me a few times for "/usr" and one time for "/". Having
"/bin/sh" with a 0-byte size is not good for booting :-)
--
Ollivier ROBERT -=- FreeBSD: The Power to Serve! -=- roberto@keltia.freenix.fr
FreeBSD keltia.freenix.fr 3.0-CURRENT #67: Tue Dec 29 20:24:02 CET 1998