Date:      Thu, 14 Feb 2002 11:20:48 -0800
From:      vijay <vijay@IPRG.nokia.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Kernel after halt issued

Hi, I am not an expert on the FreeBSD kernel, but for the past few days
I have been dealing with this very issue. From my experiments I have
concluded that the kernel IS loaded, and it has the processor stuck in
an infinite loop. The only way to go from there is to a reboot. I have a
system with two cards running FreeBSD based kernels, and connected with
an ARCnet lan (COM20020 chip from SMSC), and while halted, the driver
does not reset the hardware for the other card to take over (it is an
isa device). I am still working on a possible solution for this.

vijay