Date:      Sun, 28 Sep 2003 19:27:28 -0400
From:      Jason Harmening <gte990t@mail.gatech.edu>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   ghostscript hl1250 support?

I recently bought a Brother HL-1850 laser printer for use with my FreeBSD 5.1
machine, and it works fine with the ljet4 ghostscript driver.  However, I'd
like to be able to use the higher resolution settings that are available
through the hl1250 driver, and that driver doesn't seem to be supported in the
FreeBSD ghostscript-gnu or ghostscript-afpl port.  Is there any way to add
this support to ghostscript-gnu, or is there a FreeBSD port of ESP ghostscript
in the works?

I've never written a FreeBSD port, but I'm an experienced C programmer and
would be more than willing help with an espgs/hl1250 port/update if someone
would point me in the right direction.

Also, please let me know if there's some ghostscript-specific e-mail address
or mailing list I should send this to.

Thanks,

Jason Harmening