Date:      Sat, 11 May 1996 10:04:20 +0100
From:      "Gary Palmer" <gpalmer@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Gianmarco Giovannelli <gmarco@masternet.it>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Some misc questions

Gianmarco Giovannelli wrote in message ID
<31946BC1.41C67EA6@masternet.it>:
> 1) I just did a ctm upgrade till src-cur 1773...

> but When I try to do a "make && make install" it fail after a few
> seconds with this error...

> make: don't know how to make /usr/include/machine/pte.h. Stop
> *** Error code 2
>
> Stop.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop.

> I don't have any pte.h in my /usr/include/machine ... Is it my fault ?

Nope. It was removed recently.

> Can I solve it ?

Yep. Do a ``make cleandir'' I believe, then your ``make && make
install''. It could be ``make cleandist'', I can't remember. Basically
you have to remove all existing `.depend' files from the tree.

> 4) An Amiga Emulator is on the net, it has a lot of makefile options,
> but not for Freebsd. It is a pity... Is there anyone working on the
> porting, or I am the only person who own an Amiga here ? (The first love
> is unforgettable :-)

Try (in order)

netbsd, sunos, withgcc, generic

and see if one of them works. NetBSD is pretty close to FreeBSD after
all (in userland stuff anyhow).

Gary
--
Gary Palmer                                            FreeBSD Core Team Member
FreeBSD - Turning PC's into workstations. See http://www.FreeBSD.ORG/ for info.