Date:      Wed, 5 Feb 1997 18:15:46 -0700 (MST)
From:      Softweyr LLC <softweyr@xmission.com>
To:        billy@tesys.com (Billy Bath)
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: the XFree installation for S3 based cards

> I am trying to post istall on one of the freebsd 2.1.6 system, using a
> S3Trio based Diamond Stealth DRAM card, when I choose that option, I
> get a message telling me that this server is not installed and I should
> trying to exectue..  /usr/X11R6/bin/XF86_S3 after aborting the
> Xinstall..  but there is no file called XF86_S3 under /usr/X11R6/bin
> and that command won't run..
>
> Would you please tell me what I should do???

Two simple steps:

1) Format your mail messages to stay within 79 columns, preferably
   72.  This makes them much easier to read.

   package as well.

XFree86 3.2 with the S3 server installed easily on my machine here; you
shouldn't have any problems once you get all the correct pieces.  While
you're there, get the README file and make sure you have *everything*
you need.  lib, etc, and fonts, amongst others, are critical.