Date:      Tue, 13 Feb 2001 22:36:04 +0200 (EET)
From:      <seva@sevasoft.kiev.ua>
To:        Nevermind <never@nevermind.kiev.ua>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: why there is no news.freebsd.org ?

On Tue, 13 Feb 2001, Nevermind wrote:

> Hello, Kris Kennaway!
>
> On Tue, Feb 13, 2001 at 02:54:10AM -0800, you wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Feb 13, 2001 at 10:48:03AM +0000, Rasputin wrote:
> > > * Dmitry Valdov <dv@dv.ru> [010213 10:25]:

> > > Oh, you mean a read-only kind of setup for archiving the lists?
> > >
> > > Hell yes, that's a top idea. You get my vote.
> >
> > One of you folks who would use such a service needs to go and set it
> > up..if there's a working service there which just needs a name
> > delegation, it is much more likely for core to approve it.
> A friend of my had setuped news server which handles all of the freebsd
> maillists (including cvs-all one which is sorted for commits to ports/*
> sections, release versions and so on) but he has no suitable place to put it on
> for public use -- lack of bandwith. I Cc:'ed him, if bandwidth is
> still problem , I suppose to set up it on some other volounteer's machine...
>
> 2 Seva: what do you think about that?

Never, thanks for advertising :))
Yes, I have such a setup, it's realy single .pl script, which posts
mesages to local news server. It handle not only freebsd maillist but
some other lists, for which i need more processing - striping static
parts of message/etc.

I put this script to http://sevasoft.kiev.ua/ml-filter/post-send.pl

Not a HighTech but it works for some 2 year :)) And I dont like perl
too much :))