Date:      Thu, 10 Jun 1999 18:57:14 +0900
From:      =?iso-2022-jp?B?GyRCJEokKyQ4GyhC?= <nakaji@tutrp.tut.ac.jp>
To:        sprice@hiwaay.net
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/11813: [New port] gnuplot+

S> Yes.  I don't what is happening, but I already had this in my tree
S> but for some reason I didn't get it committed.  I'll fix it soon.

Thanks.

S> # These documents plus* are all written in Japanese and the main feature
S> # of gnuplot+ is `you can use Japanese characters in the graphs'. So I
S> # hope gnuplot+ is placed in japanese/gnuplot+ rather than
S> # math/gnuplot+.

S> Ok will do.  Can I rename the port to ja-gnuplot-3.7 since it
S> really is the same the gnuplot port but with Japanese language
S> extensions.

No, please wait.

The extention with gnuplot+ patch is not only Japanese language.
(Of cource, because I'm a Japanese, I'm happy to use Japanese language
extension.)

I thought again. The extension adds original gnuplot 4 features.
From README.plus,

1. LaTeX like text processing on PostScript terminal.
2. Japanese text handling
3. Saving histories of command-line-editing by GNU readline
   library(UNIX/LINUX)
4. Switching help-file according to an environment variable LANG or
   locale (UNIX/LINUX).

These are usable not only for Japanese people. The first feature may be
the most powerful for the scientists.

I was wrong. `math/gnuplot+' is better than `japanese/gnuplot+'.

The package name should be gnuplot+-3.7 or gnuplot-plus-3.7.
(or gnuplot-3.7-plus-x.y.z where x.y.z is patch revision)

---
NAKAJI Hiroyuki