Date:      Fri, 12 Apr 2002 12:41:27 +0000
From:      Kevin Way <kevin.way@overtone.org>
To:        Matthias Andree <ma@dt.e-technik.uni-dortmund.de>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: DST vs. Cron = Burp

* Matthias Andree <ma@dt.e-technik.uni-dortmund.de> [10-04-02 05:00]:
> "Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH" <allbery@ece.cmu.edu> writes:
>
> >> Since in most places the changeover to DST occurs at 0100, that
> >
> > In the U.S. it happens at 0200.
>
> Is there any country which switches from standard to daylight savings
> time at a different time than 02:00 (ante meridies, for those expecting
> 12-hour display)?

The Gaza Strip, Kazakhstan, Jordan, Syria, Mongolia, Phillipines, China,
Georgia, Iran, Palmer Station in Antartica, Egypt, Brazil and Paraguay
switch at midnight
Israel, Azerbaijan switch at 1am
Lord Howe Islands in Australia switch at 2:30am and only go forward 30
minutes.
Iraq, Turkey, Cyprus switches at 3am.

and I'm sure there are a whole lot more exceptions than that...

--
Kevin Way <kevin.way@overtone.org>
http://www.overtone.org/