Date:      Sat, 20 Oct 2001 20:18:35 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
To:        Mark Huizer <freebsd@dohd.org>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: NT filesystem panicking my current box

    Try turning off vmiodirenable:

       sysctl -w vfs.vmiodirenable=0

    And see if that makes a difference.

					-Matt

:On one of my current boxes I run amanda, which some 2 weeks ago (after an
:upgrade to that current) started dying reliable when the backup started.
:
:the ntfs FS is mounted on /nt
:
:2 seconds of testing showed that 'tar -czf /dev/null /nt' was enough for
:a kernel panick within 2 seconds.
:
:A few upgrades later the problem still exists.
:
:Before I go through the trouble of collecting the backtraces and make
:kernel dumps and all: do other people have this problem as well? Or is
:this part of the NTFS module not really updated after the KSE happening?
:(I have now disabled all local filesystems from the backup, since only
:excluding the NTFS backup didn't solve the problem, still a crash, that
:one I haven't looked at later on)
:
:Mark