Date:      Thu, 29 Aug 2002 13:43:22 -0700
From:      "Bruce A. Mah" <bmah@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        "Jamin A. Brown" <jamin@gwi.net>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: What's *really* up with RELENG_4_6

--==_Exmh_-380092546P

If memory serves me right, "Jamin A. Brown" wrote:

> I had thought, give normal development procedure, that 4.6.2 was cut from
> stable, just like all other RELEASES.

4.6.2 is different from "all other RELEASEs".  It is a security- and
critical-bugfix release designed to fix specific problems in 4.6.  More
details can be found in the release announcement and the release notes.

> I also thought I remember STABLE
> being frozen for 4.6.2-RELEASE, which would indicate that the new features
> would have made it into 4.6.2.

RELENG_4 hasn't been frozen since just after 4.6-RELEASE.  (Note that
the code-freeze on RELENG_4 in preparation for 4.7 starts in a few
days.)

Bruce.

--==_Exmh_-380092546P

--==_Exmh_-380092546P--