Date:      Sun, 29 Aug 1999 20:59:18 +0200
From:      Melissa Hendriks <coders@softhome.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: I HATE WINDOWS NT

Damien Tougas wrote:

> Sorry, I know that this might not be the best place for this,
> but I need to vent to someone who might understand.  The more
> I use windows the more it makes me mad.

Personally, I'm not the type that yells Anti-Microsoft slogans "just
because". I don't hate Windows NT at all, but, as my networks become more
complex, it is obvious that NT isn't suitable for some jobs. Novell NetWare
is a lot better, mainly thanks to NDS. FreeBSD (I just started working with
it) looks promising.

How well FreeBSD will perform in the Real World, I don't know yet. But one
thing is for sure: if a problem occurs, I can login to another virual
console and try to find and solve the problem, instead of yelling "reset
the server".

Regards,

Mel
A FreeBSD newbie