Date:      Mon, 6 Sep 1999 00:04:58 -0400
From:      Scott Cotton <scott@chronis.pobox.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   strange zsh + screen + CDPATH bug

Not sure if this is specific to freebsd, but after changing over to
freebsd, I chased down a bug in using zsh-3.1.5+screen-3.9.4 with the
environmental variable CDPATH.  For some strange reason, when $CDPATH
has a `~' in it,  and screen is executed, the arrow keys and control
keys don't work.  If you want ~ in CDPATH, you can replace it by
$HOME.

I hope that I may prevent others from going through all the searching
it took to nail this one down.

scott