Date:      Sat, 31 Jan 2009 22:08:12 -0600
From:      Scot Hetzel <swhetzel@gmail.com>
To:        "O. Hartmann" <ohartman@mail.zedat.fu-berlin.de>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org, Mel <fbsd.questions@rachie.is-a-geek.net>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Xorg upgrade desaster: Xlib: extension "Generic Event Extension" missing on display ":0.0".

On Sat, Jan 31, 2009 at 6:39 PM, O. Hartmann
<ohartman@mail.zedat.fu-berlin.de> wrote:
> build-process, but I doubt this. I did a 'ldd' on the Firefox3 binary
> and  I got the attached dump of the linked shared objects.
> Interestingly, the first three entries show up something missing -
> therefore I deinstalled Firefox and rebuild the browser after an
> additional rebuild of libxcb (via portupgrade -rf). Previously, all Xorg

> thor# ldd firefox-bin
> firefox-bin:
>        libxul.so => not found (0x0)
>        libmozjs.so => not found (0x0)
>        libxpcom.so => not found (0x0)
>        libplds4.so.1 => /usr/local/lib/libplds4.so.1 (0x80063e000)
>        libplc4.so.1 => /usr/local/lib/libplc4.so.1 (0x80076f000)

When firefox3 was first added to the ports collection, I had noticed
this problem with firefox3 (after using sysutils/libchk), but I didn't
have this problem with the firefox 2.  A look at the difference
between the www/firefox and www/firefox3 Makefiles showed that
firefox3 was missing this:

LDFLAGS+= -Wl,-rpath,${PREFIX}/lib/${MOZ_RPATH}

After adding this line to the ports Makefile, and rebuilding the port,
these libraries are now showing as found in the ldd output.

Scot