Date:      Thu, 14 Feb 2002 21:42:40 +0000
From:      Hiten Pandya <hiten@uk.FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   weird pthread related errors

--r5Pyd7+fXNt84Ff3

Howdy!,

I am having some very weird problems with the pthread.h
library.  The following statement is in the source-file:

     #include <pthread.h>

But, the compiler fails with the following error messages.
All the other typedefs, structs are recognised except:

  - pthread_create();
  - pthread_exit();

It would be very appreciated if someone can help me solve
this dillema.  I have tried to look _just_ about everywhere,
including the headers, but cannot find a clue why it is
failing.

If needed, I can also file an official PR regarding this
problem, but I have posted to the list, as I assumed someone
might have solved this dillema before. ;)

The following is the error output:

gcc  -g -O2   -o fsck.jfs  fsckbmap.o fsckconn.o  fsckdire.o fsckdtre.o fsc=
kea.o  fsckimap.o fsckino.o fsckmeta.o  fsckmsgs.o fsckpfs.o fsckwsp.o  fsc=
kxtre.o xchkdsk.o fsckruns.o ../libfs/libfs.a=20
fsckruns.o: In function `fsck_hbeat':
/c0/cvs/j4b/jfsutils/fsck/fsckruns.c:156: undefined reference to `pthread_e=
xit'
fsckruns.o: In function `fsck_hbeat_start':
/c0/cvs/j4b/jfsutils/fsck/fsckruns.c:180: undefined reference to `pthread_c=
reate'

Thanks,
Regards,

  -- Hiten Pandya