Date:      Tue, 27 Jul 1999 11:58:41 +0200
From:      Harold Gutch <logix@foobar.franken.de>
To:        "James C. Durham" <durham@w2xo.pgh.pa.us>, freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ssh2 tunneling through firewall

On Mon, Jul 26, 1999 at 12:53:58AM -0400, James C. Durham wrote:
> I'd like to be able to use ssh2 to tunnel IP connections
> on the remote server to ports on one of the local machines.
>
> I elected to try forwarding telnet requests (port 23)
> for simplicity.
>
> sshd2 is running on the local machine and the remote machine.
> I'm using ssh2 -R 23:localhost:23 my.server.xx.xx
                    ^^
I don't use ssh2, but assuming that the syntax is the same as in
ssh1, you're trying to bind to port 23, which won't work unless
you're root. Does binding to a port higher than 1024 work ?

bye,
  Harold

--
<Shabby> Sleep is an abstinence syndrome wich occurs due to lack of caffein.
Wed Mar  4 04:53:33 CET 1998   #unix, ircnet